|Rp. 7,847 Milyar (Billion Rupiah)||Ministry of Communication and Information||Indonesia||Telecommunications and Informatics||Auction Stage|
Informasi Umum (General Information)
Name: Multifunctional Satellite (SMF)
- CAPEX : IDR 6.688 Billion
- OPEX : IDR 1.159 Billion
GCA: Ministry of Communication and Information
Location: Satellite services support 149,400 points distributed throughout Indonesia (serving the education sector, domestic government, health, and defense and security)
Sector: Telecommunications and Informatics Infrastructure
Status: Transaction stage
There is a need for satellite communication services from Ministries / Agencies, especially 3T areas and areas that do not have access to broadband services roads. With this background, the Surakarta City Government intends to revitalize PJU public services.
To meet these needs, Multi-Functional Satellites are needed to:
- increasing access to telecommunications services in all regions of Indonesia; and
- creating efficient government spending in subsidizing access to telecommunications services to the public
- Preparation is done by the GCA itself, assisted by a consultant from PT SMI, Deloitte, Ang Law Firm
- There are indications of guarantees by IIGF. There is no information regarding guarantee.
Scope of PPP:
- Procurement of Satellites
- Launch of the Satellite, including Launcher Rocket Setup, Satellite and Rocket Delivery and Storage of Launchers, and Launch Insurance Procurement
- Construction of a Control Station (Earth)
- Operation of Satellites and Control Stations (Earth)
- Maintenance of Satellites and Control Stations (Earth)
At the end of the collaboration period, Transfer of Assets and the Process of “Disposing” Satellites and their Orbit Locations (de-orbit)
Scope and Form of Cooperation:
Design, Build, Finance, Operating, Maintenance; BOT
19 years (Construction 4 years; Operation 15 years)
Payment for Availability of Services for a total of IDR 1,452 Billion / year
Consideration of choosing a Service Availability Payment Scheme on Multifunctional Satellite Projects:
- There is no imposition of tariffs on project service users, because users of project services are public service agencies such as schools and health centers
- With the Payment Scheme, Availability of Services will increase the efficiency improvement incentives that will be carried out by the Implementing Business Entity while still meeting the required performance standards because Business Entity margins depend heavily on performance and yield efficiency.
Announcement of Prequalification Results September 3, 2018:
- Eutelsat, S.A.
- BAKTI FOR STATE Consortium
- Dharma Bakti Consortium
- Indosat Lintasarta JSAT Teleglobal Consortium
- PSN Consortium
- Consortium of Indonesian Multimedia Satellite – APT Satellite Company Limited
- Viasat, Inc.
- Currently on the request for proposal stage